A mobile app that helps managers and teams coordinate their activities at events
Product: Mobile App
Role: Lo-Fi wireframing, Presentation design
Skills: Prototyping, Visual Design
Duration: 3 weeks
Tools: Sketch 3 [Wireframing], Pixate [Animation], Clickthrough [InVision]
Collaborators: Loui [Visual, UI Design, Hi-Fi prototyping], Lien [Documentation design, Lo-fi wireframing]
Design a mobile application that assists managers and teams with their activities at large scale events.
Managers of event teams struggle to support dispersed staff
Staffing booths at large scale events, such as marathons and expos, requires keeping tabs on staff members across large distances. Events such as conventions, expositions, and trade shows are noisy, crowded, and often in unfamiliar cities for most attendees and staff.
Beacon: A mobile app for event teams
Beacon is a mobile app that helps managers and staff keep tabs on each other, set up meeting places, staff booths with no interruption, and give managers a birds-eye-view of their teams across distances.
Staff Scheduling Coordination
- Schedules are transparent to team
- The system looks for scheduling gaps and potential problems, alerting managers before there is an issue
Optimized Meeting Set-Up Location Process
- The system helps staff select meeting places that are near staff members
- The system allows staff to easily communicate meeting locations
- Staff can send requests to others to join the meeting
Communication and Staff Geo-Location
- Managers can see staff members across distance at-a-glance
- Staff members can locate each other despite noise and crowds
We synthesized research data into an ecosystem worksheet to understand our users and their problems.
RESEARCH REPORTS & PERSONAS
We created a "needs list" from research reports and found that managers need to monitor teams that are spread out across distance
Managers of event teams need:
- To ensure booths are staffed at all times
- Easily communicate to dispersed staff where and when to meet up
- To locate staff members at any moment
- Remember names and view schedules of teams with high-turnover